Last modified on Aug 01, 2020 10:37 BST Katherine Robinson Black Pound Day is on Saturday 1 Aug – here’s how to get involved. These are some of the black-owned businesses you can support in the UK to help make the retail economy fairer and more diverse The #BlackLivesMatter movement shone a light on racial prejudice and inequality and millions joined in with protests after the horrifying death of George Floyd. It’s up to us to make sure the work of promoting change and dismantling systematic racism continues, and one new initiative that is helping push the movement forward is Black Pound Day. So what is it, and how can you help? We’ve got all the answers. Scroll down for a list of black-owned fashion brands to support, and visit blackpoundday.uk for a comprehensive list of vendors across all sectors.RELATED: 22 fashion and beauty brands donating to Black Lives Matter Loading the player… WATCH: Black Pound Day – what is it and how can you get involved? What is Black Pound Day? The campaign hopes to motivate UK shoppers – starting with at least one day per month to begin with – to buy from black-owned businesses, both locally and online to help… Read full this story
- Gabby Agbonlahor: Former Aston Villa legend has his own fashion label called Six Figures
- Tristan Walker: The Visible Man
- So how DOES he pay for it all? The sums just don't add up on Prince Andrew's millionaire lifestyle (funded by his Navy pension and civil list income)... until you meet his oligarch chums
- The Brutal Rise of El Mencho
- The Story of Combat Jack, Hip-Hop’s Flagship Podcaster
What is Black Pound Day: Black-owned fashion brands to support have 267 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Sách Trẻ. If you want remove this page, please contact us.