Best Memorial Day Nintendo Switch Deals 2020: Consoles and games

Although summer doesn’t officially start until June, Memorial Day is considered one of the early heralds of the season that brings with it warmer weather, a break from school, and plenty of sales. If ongoing event cancellations and travel restrictions mean that you’re expecting to spend a good chunk of summer 2020 indoors, though, then […]

Which is the greatest sub-ten Test innings of the last 40 years?

Zaltzman: Leach, 1 not out off 17, added 76 with Stokes to win by one wicket and keep the Ashes alive. Vishwa Fernando v South Africa in South Africa, 6 not out off 27, added 78 with Kusal Perera to win by one wicket. Vishwa had emphatically never scored 92 as a Test nightwatchman, however.

The near-identical tales of Vishwa Fernando and Jack Leach taking their teams to epic wins

Vishwa was born in Colombo, which is host to three active Test venues (the most for any city). Leach was born in Taunton, where the biggest landmark by far is the cricket ground. Although this suggests they should both have an affinity for the game, it doesn’t follow that they should be good at batting, […]

3v3v3 tactical shooter Nine to Five is looking for alpha testers

If you’d like to see what it’s all about at this stage of development, a Nine to Five closed alpha test is set to begin on June 4. Myllyrinne said there will likely be “plenty of rough edges” during the test, but promised that the studio will “be engaging closely with the community for your […]

5 laptop deals you can’t afford to miss this Memorial Day

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 Laptop — $200, was $230 Starting off strong with one of the most affordable laptops out there is Lenovo with their IdeaPad 1. It’s not only light on the wallet, but also your back, weighing in at only 3.09 pounds. The 14-inch screen is optimal for portability without sacrificing too much display […]

These fantastic Samsung, LG, TCL 4K TVs are on sale for $500 or less

As mentioned, this TV’s picture performance is pretty awesome. It can get quite bright, which prevents ambient light reflection, plus its overall gray uniformity is decent with just minimal dirty screen effect. Unfortunately, viewing angles are a bit poor so it’s best to sit directly in front of it to enjoy the most accurate image. […]

‘China must know Indians are no pushovers’

“We are hoping that it gets resolved early. But if it doesn’t, then it could be bigger than what we have seen in the past,” Lieutenant General D S Hooda (retd), former Northern Army Commander under whose command Indian Special Forces conducted the surgical strikes in September 2016, tells Archana Masih/Rediff.com. The first part of […]

Microfinance customers can borrow and pay interest only when they use it: Baskar Babu, Suryoday Bank

Video Transcripts:Q. What changes have you made in your operations to deal with the lockdown? What are your learnings?Baskar Babu: One significant learning is that things can continue to function as effectively as under normal circumstances even when people are working from home. It wasn’t a requirement for all of us to be at the […]

The corner of Minnesota that’s there by mistake

The Northwest Angle is 80% water. The other 20% is a rectangle of land that juts into Lake of the Woods. Angle Inlet, on the northern shore, is the only town. The population as of 2010 was 119. I drove past a few houses, a one-room schoolhouse, and a general store that opens daily from […]