“The children and staff in the bubble affected have been notified and are now self-isolating for 14 days. Their learning will continue via remote learning platforms. School remains open as usual for all other pupils.
“What it does show is that the systems and processes we have put in place are working as they are informing us about cases quickly and decisions are then being taken – but its hugely disruptive to those affected.
“When we set them up over the holidays it was a case of what staff have we got, as all of a sudden staff who would previously have worked over four or five year groups can only work in the one bubble.
In a letter to parents, headteacher Merry John said: “I have been advised by Public Health England that this year group will need to self-isolate for 14 days. Year 8 students should not come into school tomorrow, but will be expected to return on Tuesday, September 22.
“We’ve been able to relax a bit over the summer, the disease levels have been really quite low in the UK through the summer but these latest figures really show us that as much as people might like to say “oh well it’s gone away” – this hasn’t gone away.
Universal Credit - For kids going back to school this autumn term, you’ll be able to apply if you started your claim for Universal Credit before April 1, 2018 or if you generally earn less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including benefits Child tax credit – The exception to this is you can’t apply […]
Wellington College has created a ‘Reintegration and Recovery’ programme for pupils and parents with workshops, individual pastoral tutorials, while Cottesmore are inviting all prep school aged pupils accompanied by a parent to join their ‘Talk It Out’ webinar, so that all can express their worries and return to school with confidence.
“We strongly encourage children and young people in the eligible year groups and priority groups (such as children of critical workers) to attend, as requested by their school or college, unless they are self-isolating or there are other reasons for absence (such as shielding due to health conditions).
Spokesman Jo Grady said: ‘Even by the Government’s standards, these plans are ridiculously irresponsible. Students and their parents will be rightly worried about being locked down in an unfamiliar area, possibly over Christmas.’
The gender and age of the victims have not been revealed – nor has the extent of their injuries, Manchester Evening News reports.